|1 box (450 g)||Italpasta Linguine|
|⅓ cup (80 mL)||Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided|
|3 (30 mL)||garlic cloves|
|2 tbsp (30 mL)||chopped fresh thyme|
|2 tbsp (30 mL)||chopped fresh rosemary|
|½ tsp each (2 mL)||chopped fresh parsley|
|¾ cup (225 mL)||grated Parmesan cheese|
|¼ cup (60 mL)||Italpasta Seasoned Breadcrumbs|
|6 (125 mL)||large eggs|
|(250 mL)||salt and pepper|
- In a small pot, heat ¼ cup Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic cloves, rosemary and thyme; cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let oil sit for 15 minutes. Remove and discard garlic cloves.
- Cook Italpasta Linguine in a large pot of boiling water until al dente, 7 minutes. Reserve 1 ½ cups pasta water and drain pasta. Return cooked pasta to pot over medium heat. Add Parmesan cheese, pasta water and flavoured oil; toss to coat for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Fry eggs in oil until cooked sunny side up, or desired doneness.
- To serve, divide pasta between plates, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and top with fried egg. Serve immediately.
Calories per serving: 531, Fat 11 g, Cholesterol 183 mg, Sodium 369 mg, Carbohydrates 80 g, Fibre 5 g, Sugar 7 g, Protein 24 g
- One serving contains 33% of the %DV of Iron.
- One serving contains 21% of the %DV of Vitamin A.