|6 (57 g)||Italpasta Oven Ready Cannelloni|
|1 cup (250 mL)||Italpasta Tomato Marinara Smooth Style Sauce|
|1 cup (100 g)||chopped cooked chicken|
|1 cup (250 mL)||packed baby spinach, chopped|
|1 ½ cups (360 g)||ricotta cheese|
|½ cup (45 g)||freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided|
|½ cup (45 g)||freshly grated Mozzarella cheese|
|2 tsp (10 mL)||dried oregano|
|1 tsp (5 mL)||dried basil|
|salt and pepper|
|2||sprigs fresh basil for garnish|
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. (175C). Ladle ¼ cup of marinara sauce into the bottom of two individual 4-inch x 3-inch baking dishes.
- In a large mixing bowl, fold together the cooked chicken, spinach, ricotta, egg, ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, dried oregano, dried basil, salt and pepper.
- Spoon the ricotta filling into a large sealable plastic bag. Remove air from the plastic bag and cut off one of the corners making sure it’s slightly smaller than the opening of the cannelloni. Pipe filling into cannelloni.
- Divide cannelloni between the baking dishes. Top with remaining marinara sauce, Parmesan and Mozzarella. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour or until tender. Remove foil and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Serve Chicken and Spinach Stuffed Cannelloni with a sprig of fresh basil.
Calories per serving 642, Fat 21.4 g, Saturated Fat 7.1 g, Cholesterol 124.8 mg, Sodium 811.2 mg, Carbohydrates 62.4 g, Fibre 5 g, Sugar 10 g, Protein 47.8 g
- Use chicken is a great low saturated fat alternative to beef.
- Use part skim to fat free ricotta cheese to control the fat content of this meal.
- Dried herbs add lots of flavour and seasoning and are a terrific alternative to salt.