|30||Italpasta Jumbo Shells|
|1||Russet potato, peeled and chopped|
|4 oz (125 g)||plain brick-style cream cheese|
|¼ cup (60 mL)||milk|
|1 (250 g)||ham steak, finely chopped|
|1 cup (250 mL)||frozen peas, thawed|
|2 tbsp (30 mL)||unsalted butter|
|¼ cup (60 mL)||finely chopped onion|
|1 tsp (5 mL)||dried thyme leaves|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|2 tbsp (30 mL)||all-purpose flour|
|2 cups (500 mL)||milk|
|½ tsp (2 mL)||each salt and pepper|
|1 ½ cups (375 mL)||shredded Cheddar cheese|
- Cook Italpasta Jumbo Shells in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, 15 minutes. Drain well.
- Filling: Cook the potato in boiling salted water for 7 to 10 minutes or until tender; drain well. Beat the cream cheese with the milk until smooth. Stir in the potato, ham and peas. Stuff each shell with a heaping tablespoon of the filling; set aside on a tray.
- Sauce: Melt the butter in a saucepan set over medium heat. Add the onion, thyme and garlic; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in the milk until smooth. Cook, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spread half the sauce over the base of a 9 x 13-inch (3 L) casserole dish. Arrange the stuffed shells in a single layer. Pour the remaining sauce over top and sprinkle with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake, covered with foil, for 30 minutes or until heated through and gooey. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Calories per serving 467, Fat 19 g, Cholesterol 73 mg, Sodium 792 mg, Carbohydrates 48 g, Fibre 3.5 g, Sugar 3.8 g, Protein 27 g
- One serving contains 44% of the %DV of Calcium.