|½ lb (225 g)||Italpasta Gluten Free Fusilli|
|1/4 cup (60 mL)||Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided|
|2||garlic cloves minced|
|pinch||red chili flakes|
|2 tsp (10 mL)||lemon zest|
|2||sprigs fresh thyme|
|1 cup (250 mL)||halved cherry tomatoes|
|¼ lb (112.5 g)||large peeled and deveined medium shrimp|
|1½ cups (375 mL)||baby spinach|
|salt and pepper|
|freshly chopped parsley for serving|
- Cook fusilli in a large pot of boiling salted water for 6-8 minutes until al dente. Drain and reserve ¼ cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat half the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and chili, fry for 30 seconds. Add the lemon zest, fresh thyme and cherry tomatoes, stir for 2-3 minutes. Add shrimp and spinach, season with salt and pepper, continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes until shrimp are pink and spinach has wilted.
- Add cooked pasta and ¼ cup pasta water to the skillet, stir for an additional minute. Remove thyme sprigs and serve pasta on warm dishes, serve with a drizzle of olive oil and chopped parsley.
Calories per serving 600, Fat 25 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 92 mg, Sodium 620.85 mg, Carbohydrates 75 g, Fibre 2.8 g, Sugar 1 g, Protein 14.4 g
- Gluten Free pasta is perfect for individuals with gluten or wheat sensitivities.
- Incorporating spinach adds 20% of your daily recommended intake of calcium.
- Red-pigmented fruits and vegetables such as tomatoes add lycopene to dishes. Lycopene increases as tomatoes ripen and when they are cooked. Studies suggest that regular amounts of lycopene may help reduce the risk of certain strains of cancer.