|1 box (340 g)||Italpasta Gluten Free Penne Rigate|
|1/3 cup (85 mL)||Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided|
|1 cup (125 mL)||packed cilantro|
|½ cup (125 mL)||packed basil|
|3 tbsp (45 mL)||packed parsley|
|2 tsp (10 mL)||lemon zest|
|½ tsp (2 mL)||dried red chili flakes|
|1 lb (450 g)||flank steak|
|salt and pepper|
- To make the chimichurri, add cilantro, basil, parsley, garlic, lemon zest, chili flakes and ½ teaspoon salt to a food processor. Pulse until combined. With motor running, drizzle in ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil. Transfer all but ¼ cup of chimichurri to a large bowl.
- Preheat the broiler to high. Season the flank steak with salt and pepper. Arrange the steak on a rack set over a baking sheet and drizzle with remaining extra virgin olive oil. Transfer baking sheet to the oven 6-inches from the broiler. Broil for 6 minutes per side for medium, or until cooked to desired doneness. Let the flank steak rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, cook Italpasta Gluten Free Penne Rigate in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, 6-8 minutes. Drain pasta and reserve ½ cup pasta water. Add cooked pasta and pasta water to the bowl of chimichurri, toss to combine.
- To serve, arrange pasta and thinly sliced flank steak on a plate. Drizzle flank steak with remaining ¼ cup chimichurri.
Calories per serving 497, Fat 21 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Sodium 358 mg, Carbohydrates 75 g, Fibre 1.1 g, Sugar 0.1 g, Protein 21.4 g
- One serving contains 46% of the % DV of Vitamin B12.
- One serving contains 12% of the % DV of Iron.