|1 box (340 g)||Italpasta Gluten Free Fusilli|
|2 tbsp (30 mL)||Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1 tbsp (15 mL)||herbs de Provence|
|1 (250 mL)||tin black beans, drained and rinsed|
|1 cup (250 mL)||fresh or frozen corn kernels|
|1 cup (250 mL)||quartered cherry tomatoes|
|2 tsp (10 mL)||dried oregano|
|½ tsp (2 mL)||dried thyme|
|1 cup (250 mL)||low sodium chicken stock|
|1/3 cup (80 mL)||grated parmesan cheese|
|salt and pepper|
|freshly chopped parsley, for serving|
- Preheat a lightly oiled grill over medium high heat. Rub the chicken breasts with 1 tablespoon olive oil, herbs de Provence and salt and pepper. Grill for 8 minutes per side or until cooked through. Once cooked, transfer chicken to a clean plate and tent with tin foil to rest for 10 minutes. Chop and set aside.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, about 7 minutes. Reserve ½ cup pasta water before draining pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large non-stick skillet. Add the black beans, corn, cherry tomatoes and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, oregano and thyme, cook for 1 minute. Stir in chicken stock, parmesan cheese, pasta water, pasta and season with salt and pepper. Cook over high heat for 1-2 minutes until cheese has melted and sauce has thickened. Fold in chicken.
- Serve warm garnished with fresh parsley.
Calories per serving 450, Fat 12 g, Cholesterol 208 mg, Sodium 445 mg, Carbohydrates 82 g, Fibre 6 g, Sugars 4 g, Protein 41.5 g
- One cup of cherry tomatoes fulfills 32% of you DV for Vitamin C. They are also an excellent source of Vitamin A.
- Just one teaspoon of dried oregano provides 8% of your DV intake for Vitamin K.