|1 box (340 g)||Italpasta Gluten Free Penne Rigate|
|2 tbsp (30 mL)||Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1/2 cup (125 mL)||dry white wine|
|3||cloves roasted garlic*|
|¼ cup (60 mL)||sundried tomatoes packed in oil, rinsed and chopped|
|¾ cup (180 mL)||finely grated Gran Padano (or Parmesan) cheese|
|3 tbsp (45 mL)||fresh basil|
|salt and pepper|
- Cook Italpasta Gluten Free Penne Rigate in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, 6-8 minutes.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and sundried tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes, or until fragrant. Stir in wine and cook until reduced by half.
- Drain pasta and reserve ¾ cup pasta water. Add pasta, pasta water and cheese to the skillet, increase heat to high and stir until cheese has melted, about 2 minutes. Stir in basil and adjust salt and pepper seasoning.
- To serve, sprinkle with extra cheese and freshly ground black pepper.
* To roast a head of garlic, preheat the oven to 350°F. Use a sharp knife to trim the top of the head of garlic and expose the cloves. Drizzle with oil, salt and pepper and wrap in tin foil. Roast garlic for 1 hour, or until cloves are a deep golden colour. Let garlic head cool slightly before squeezing out the cloves.
Tip: Small amounts of hard cheeses like Gran Padano are lower in fat and calories than soft cheeses.
Calories per serving 484, Fat 15 g, Cholesterol 14 mg, Sodium 430 mg, Carbohydrates 71 g, Fibre 1.3 g, Sugar 1.3 g, Protein 11.8 g
- One serving contains 26% of the % DV of Calcium.