|1 box (340 g)||Italpasta Gluten Free Penne Rigate|
|2 tbsp (30 mL)||Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1||small red onion finely chopped|
|1||medium zucchini finely chopped|
|1||medium summer squash finely chopped|
|1 cup (250 mL)||fresh or frozen peas|
|½ cup (125 mL)||dry white wine|
|1 ½ cups (375 mL)||Italpasta Smooth Marinara Sauce|
|½ cup (125 mL)||grated Parmesan cheese|
|2 tbsp (30 mL)||freshly chopped basil|
|freshly ground pepper|
- Cook Italpasta Gluten Free Penne Rigate in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, 6-8 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, zucchini, summer squash and peas and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add white wine and reduce by half. Stir in Italpasta Smooth Marinara Sauce and reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Season the primavera sauce with freshly ground pepper.
- Drain pasta and reserve ½ cup pasta water. Add the pasta and pasta water to the skillet and stir for 1 minute over medium-high heat to combine. To serve, sprinkle pasta with Parmesan cheese and freshly chopped basil.
Calories per serving 541, Fat 13 g, Cholesterol 9 mg, Sodium: 315 mg, Carbohydrates 88 g, Fibre 5.8 g, Sugar 10 g, Protein 13 g
- Colourful vegetables provide this pasta with 28% of the % DV of Vitamin C in a single serving.
- One serving contains 19% of the % DV of Calcium.