|3 cups (180 g)||Italpasta Gluten Free Spaghetti, cooked and drained|
|¼ cup (60 mL)||extra virgin olive oil|
|1||1 small onion|
|2||garlic cloves minced|
|½ cup (125 mL)||2% milk|
|½ cup (125 mL)||crumbled goat’s cheese|
|salt and pepper|
- Preheat the broiler to high. In an 8-inch oven safe skillet, melt butter and oil until frothy over medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic until fragrant and soft. Add Italpasta Gluten Free Spaghetti and spread evenly in the skillet.
- In a separate mixing bowl beat together eggs, milk, goat’s cheese, salt and pepper. Pour mixture over spaghetti and cover. Reduce heat to low and cook covered until almost set, about 25 minutes.
- When the frittata is mostly set, but the center is slightly runny, transfer the skillet onto an oven rack set 6-inches from the broiler. Broil until the top is golden and the frittata is completely cooked, 6-8 minutes.
- Let the frittata rest for 10 minutes. To serve, run a spatula around the edge of the skillet. Carefully release the frittata and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into wedges to serve.
Calories per serving 325, Fat 18 g, Cholesterol 293 mg, Sodium 324 mg, Carbohydrates 27 g, Fibre 0.8 g, Sugar 1.1 g, Protein 14 g
- Eggs are an excellent source of lean protein.
- For a lower fat frittata substitute 2% for skim milk.
- For added Vitamin A and Vitamin C add vegetables like tomatoes, peppers and/or steamed broccoli.