|½ pound (225 g)||Italpasta Gluten Free Spaghetti|
|⅓ cup (80 mL)||Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided|
|2 – 3 ounce (170 g)||salmon fillets|
|1 cup (250 mL)||packed baby arugula|
|½ cup (75 g)||chopped hazelnuts|
|¼ cup (22 g)||Parmesan cheese|
|salt and pepper|
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Preheat the broiler to high heat.
- Meanwhile, add the arugula, hazelnuts, Parmesan, garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper to the bowl of a food processor. Drizzle in ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil and pulse until pesto is smooth.
- Add 1 tablespoon of salt to boiling water; add pasta and cook until al dente, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, arrange salmon on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place baking sheet in the middle of the oven and broil salmon until medium, about 6 minutes.
- Drain the pasta making sure to reserve 1 cup of pasta water. Return the pasta to the pot. Add the pesto and ½ cup of pasta water; toss to combine. Add pasta water 2 tablespoons at a time to loosen pesto and fully coat the spaghetti. Serve pasta on warm plates topped with a broiled salmon fillet.
Calories per serving 540, Fat 37 g, Saturated Fat 7.6 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Sodium 380 mg, Carbohydrates 89 g, Fibre 2.9 g, Sugar 0.8 g, Protein 23.3 g
- Salmon is high in Omega-3, which are considered an essential fatty acid
- Gluten Free pasta is a perfect substitute to the traditional wheat based pasta for individuals with gluten or wheat sensitivities