|1 box (340 g)||Italpasta Gluten Free Penne Rigate|
|3||medium summer squash (yellow zucchinis) thinly sliced|
|1||small onion, thinly sliced thinly sliced|
|1 ½ cups (375 mL)||Italpasta Chunky Style Marinara Sauce|
|½ cup (125 mL)||Parmesan cheese|
|3 cups (750 mL)||shredded Mozzarella cheese|
|3 tbsp (45 mL)||freshly chopped parsley|
|salt and pepper|
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cook Italpasta Gluten Free Penne Rigate in a large pot of boiling salted water for 5 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- Spray a 9-inch x 11-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Add ¾ cup of sauce and spread evenly. Top with a layer of summer squash, one third of the onion, and one third of the garlic. Top with one third of the cooked pasta. Top the pasta with 1 tablespoon parsley, ¼ cup Parmesan cheese and 1 cup shredded Mozzarella; season with salt and pepper. Repeat the layers one more.
- For the final layer, arrange the remaining summer squash, onion and garlic on the cheese. Top with remaining cooked penne rigate and Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until heated through, golden and bubbly. Let the Gluten Free Summer Squash Pasta Bake rest for 10-15 minutes before serving. To serve, sprinkle with remaining parsley and freshly ground black pepper.
Calories per serving 344, Fat 10 g, Cholesterol 27 mg, Sodium 658 mg, Carbohydrates 41 g, Fibre 1.4 g, Sugar 3 g, Protein 17 g
- One serving contains 43.6% of the % DV of Calcium.
- One serving contains 23% of the % DV of Vitamin A.