|1 pkg (250 g)||Italpasta Gluten Free Lasagne|
|2||medium sweet potatoes (8 oz/250 g), peeled, cut into 1/4-inch (5 mm) rounds|
|3 tbsp (45 mL)||olive oil|
|3/4 tsp (4 mL)||each salt and pepper, divided|
|1/4 cup (60 mL)||butter|
|2 tbsp (30 mL)||gluten free rice flour|
|4 cups (1 L)||35% whipping cream|
|1/2 cup (125 mL)||grated Parmesan cheese|
|1/4 tsp (1 mL)||grated nutmeg|
|3 cups (750 mL)||shredded mozzarella cheese|
|3 tbsp (45 mL)||hazelnuts, toasted, crushed|
|1/3 cup (75 mL)||crushed gluten free amaretto cookies|
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Toss together sweet potato rounds, olive oil and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper. Arrange in single layer on baking sheet; bake for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- Reduce oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 8-inch (2 L) square baking dish; set aside.
- Melt butter in saucepan set over medium heat; add sage leaves. Cook for about 5 minutes or until ends begin to curl and butter is browned but not scorched. Transfer sage leaves to paper towel–lined plate.
- Stir rice flour into butter in saucepan; cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in whipping cream, a splash at a time, until smooth. Cook, stirring constantly, for 5 to 7 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining salt and pepper, Parmesan and nutmeg.
- Ladle 1 cup (250 mL) sauce into bottom of prepared dish. Top with one-third of the lasagne noodles, breaking noodles to fit snuggly. Top with 1 cup (250 mL) sauce, 4 sage leaves, 1 cup (250 mL) mozzarella, 1 tbsp (15 mL) hazelnuts and one-third of the sweet potato slices. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining sauce and sage leaves.
- Place heart-shaped cookie cutter in centre of lasagne and fill with crumbled amaretto cookies.
- Cover with foil; bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil; bake for about 15 minutes or until noodles are tender and sauce is bubbling. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Grate whole nutmeg on a fine rasp for the best flavour.
- Pierce a medium sweet potato all over and microwave on High for 4 to 6 minutes or until tender. Let cool until easy to handle; peel and mash before adding to sauce if desired.
- Add a layer of shredded duck confit to make an extra-special lasagne.
Per 1/6 recipe, Calories 1110, Fat 94g, Saturated Fat 52g, Cholesterol 270mg, Sodium 940mg, Carbohydrate 45g, Fibre 3g, Sugars 5g, Protein 22g