|1 pkg (340 g)||Italpasta spaghetti|
|1 lb. (500 g)||lean ground beef|
|1/4 cup (60 mL)||dry bread crumbs|
|1 tbsp (15 mL)||Worcestershire sauce|
|1 1/2 tsp (7 mL)||dried oregano|
|1 tsp (5 mL)||garlic powder|
|1/4 tsp (1 mL) each||salt and pepper|
|3 tbsp (45 mL)||vegetable oil, divided|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1||small onion, diced|
|2 cups (500 mL)||Italpasta Tomato sauce|
|1/4 tsp (1 mL)||chili flakes|
|1/4 cup (60 mL)||grated Parmesan cheese|
|2 tbsp (30 mL)||chopped fresh parsley|
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Mix ground beef with breadcrumbs, egg, oregano, garlic powder, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Form into 4 heart-shaped meat balls. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil in large oven-proof non stick skillet set over medium heat. Add meatballs to skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, pressing down with flat spatula, or until slightly flattened and golden. Transfer to oven and bake for 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C).
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomato sauce and chili flakes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Toss spaghetti in tomato sauce and top with meatballs. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
Tip: Use half ground beef and half ground pork or veal to add a different flavour to your meatballs.
Per 1/4 recipe:
Calories 750, Fat 28g, Cholesterol 120mg, Sodium 910mg, Carbohydrate 80g, Fibre 7g, Sugars 9g, Protein 44g