|3 cups (250 g)||Italpasta Total Pasta Elbows, cooked and drained|
|2 cups (500 mL)||shredded mozzarella cheese|
|¾ cup (175 mL)||Parmesan cheese, divided|
|1 cup (250 mL)||2% milk|
|2 tbsp (30 mL)||all purpose flour|
|2 tbsp (30 mL)||unsalted butter|
|pinch||chili flakes (optional)|
|1 tbsp (15 mL)||dried oregano|
|¼ cup (60 mL)||Italpasta breadcrumbs|
|10||medium tomatoes trimmed and flesh scooped out flesh scooped out|
|salt and pepper|
- Preheat a lightly oiled grill over medium high heat. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Sprinkle flour over butter and whisk until golden. Stir in milk and bring to a simmer. Gradually whisk in mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese until melted. Season with salt and pepper and add Elbows; toss to combine.
- Meanwhile, trim the bottom of each of the hollowed tomatoes so that they stand straight without rolling. Season tomatoes with salt and pepper. Divide mac n’ cheese between tomatoes; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, chili flakes (if using), oregano and breadcrumbs.
- Arrange tomatoes on the grill and cook for 15-18 minutes until charred and heated through. Let tomatoes rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve alongside a green salad.
Calories per serving 264, Fat 11 g , Cholesterol 32 mg, Sodium 338 mg, Carbohydrates 30 g, Fibre 5 g, Sugar 5 g, Protein 13 g
- Italpasta Total pasta is an excellent source of fibre!
- Tomatoes are low in Sodium, Saturated Fat and Cholesterol. They are excellent sources of Vitamin E, Thiamin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Copper, Dietary Fibre, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Potassium and Manganese.