|½ lb (225 g)||Italpasta Total Pasta Penne Rigate|
|2 tbsp (30 mL)||Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|½ lb (225 g)||fennel sausage|
|1||garlic clove minced|
|2||shallots finely chopped|
|½ cup (125 mL)||chopped asparagus spears|
|1 cup (250 mL)||half and half|
|1 fluid ounce (30 mL)||Grand Marnier|
|½ tsp (2.5 mL)||orange zest|
|1 tbsp (15 mL)||finely chopped parsley|
|¼ cup (22 g)||grated Gran Padano cheese, plus additional for garnish|
|salt and pepper|
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1-heaped tablespoon of salt.
- Remove sausage meat from casing. Roll into 1-inch meatballs; set aside. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and sear until browned evenly and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a clean plate. Cook pasta in the boiling water until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain and reserve ¼ cup pasta water.
- To the skillet, add the garlic, shallots and asparagus, sauté for 3 minutes until fragrant and softened. To deglaze, add the Grand Marnier and ¼ cup pasta water; cook for 1 minute, scraping up any brown bits stuck to the bottom of the skillet.
- Stir in the meatballs, cooked pasta, half and half, orange zest, cheese and parsley to the skillet; season with salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a simmer and cook for 1 minute. Serve in warm dishes with additional Gran Padano.
Calories per ⅓ recipe 564, Fat 31 g, Saturated Fat 13 g, Cholesterol 763 mg, Sodium 764.6 mg, Carbohydrates 64 g, Fibre 9.2 g, Sugar 3.3 g, Protein 27.9 g
- Italpasta Total Pasta packs 10 grams of Fibre in every serving. Talk about tasty!
- Using half and half as an alternative to heavy whipping cream reduces the overall fat content by 20%
- Cook with small amounts of hard cheeses like Gran Padano for maximum flavour and minimal fat