|½ pound (225 g)||Italpasta Total Pasta Spaghetti|
|½ bottle (375 mL)||red wine (preferably Zinfandel)|
|1 tsp (5 mL)||sugar|
|2||garlic cloves finely chopped|
|pinch||red chili flakes|
|¼ cup (60 mL)||Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|½ cup (125 mL)||Italpasta Seasoned Breadcrumbs|
|salt and pepper|
|¼ cup (60 mL)||freshly grated Parmesan cheese|
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water for 4 minutes. Drain pasta and return to the pot. Place the pot back on the stove over medium-high heat. Add the wine and sugar and bring to a boil. Cook for 6 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- While pasta cooks, heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and chili flakes and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add the breadcrumbs and continue to cook until toasted, about 5 minutes. Season breadcrumbs with salt and pepper.
- Increase skillet temperature to medium-high heat. Add the spaghetti and any remaining liquid, toss for 1 minute. Remove from heat and serve garnished with Parmesan cheese.
Calories per ⅓ recipe 542, Fat 22.8 g, Saturated Fat 4.7 g, Cholesterol 6.6 mg, Sodium 506.7 mg, Carbohydrates 59.9 g, Fibre 13.7 g, Sugar 5.5 g, Protein 13.6 g
- Cooking with small amounts of hard cheeses like Parmesan, maximizes flavour without adding large amounts of fat
- Italpasta Total Pasta adds 10 grams of fibre per serving.