|½ lb (225 g)||Italpasta Wholesome Grains Rotini|
|2 tbsp (30 mL)||Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1½ cups (375 mL)||cubed peeled eggplant|
|¼ lb (113 g)||spicy or mild Italian sausage, casings removed|
|2||garlic cloves minced|
|2 tbsp (30 mL)||Italpasta Tomato Paste|
|1 tsp (5 mL)||dried oregano|
|¾ cup (180 mL)||Italpasta Diced Canadian Tomatoes|
|⅓ cup (180 g)||burrata cheese|
|2 tbsp (30 mL)||chopped fresh parsley|
|salt and pepper|
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggplant, sausage, and garlic in a large non-stick skillet and cook for 10 minutes until sausage is browned and eggplant is tender. Add tomato paste, dried oregano, diced tomatoes; cook over medium heat 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, 8-10 minutes. Drain and add to the sausage and eggplant mixture. Toss to combine.
- Serve pasta on warm plates and top with a dollop of burrata cheese. Sprinkle with parsley.
Calories per ⅓ recipe 515.4, Fat 25.8 g, Saturated Fat 9.8 g, Cholesterol 57.3 mg, Sodium 773 mg, Carbohydrate 50 g, Fibre 7.8 g, Sugar 6.2 g, Protein 20.3 g
- Italpasta Wholesomes Grains Rotini packs 8 grams of Fibre in a single serving.
- Tomatoes contain lycopene (the agent responsible for the red colour in tomatoes) an agent that has antioxidant properties linked to the prevention of cancer and cardiovascular disease.