|1 box (375 g)||Italpasta Total Pasta Spaghetti|
|1 tbsp (15 mL)||Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1 lb (450 g)||lean ground turkey|
|¼ cup (60 mL)||quick cooking oats|
|3 tbsp (45 mL)||all purpose flour|
|1||garlic clove minced|
|1 tbsp (15 mL)||dried oregano|
|1 tsp (5 mL)||dried thyme|
|1 jar (680 mL)||Italpasta Chunky Style Marinara Sauce|
|salt and pepper|
|¼ cup (60 mL)||freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving|
- In a large mixing bowl combine turkey, oats, flour, garlic, oregano, thyme, chili flakes, egg and season with salt and pepper. Fold the mixture until evenly mixed. Do not over mix. Divide and roll mixture into 30 mini meatballs.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet and sear meatballs for 8-10 minutes over medium heat. Add sauce and stir to coat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, about 7 minutes. Reserve ¼ cup pasta water and drain.
- Toss pasta with mini meatball sauce to coat. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Calories per serving 451, Fat 17 g, Cholesterol 140 mg, Sodium 463 mg, Carbohydrates 72 g, Fibre 6 g, Sugars 9 g, Protein 25 g
- Oats is an excellent source of Dietary Fibre, B1, and magnesium.
- Turkey is an excellent source of B3 (Niacin), B6 and Protein.