|12 oz (340 g)||Italpasta Tradizionale Spaghetti|
|2 tbsp (30 mL)||Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided|
|1||small onion finely chopped|
|1||large garlic clove, minced|
|2 tsp (10 mL)||finely chopped fresh rosemary|
|1/3 cup (75 mL)||chopped fresh parsley, divided|
|1/3 cup (75 mL)||chopped dried cranberries|
|1/2 tsp (2 mL)||each dried thyme and salt|
|1/4 tsp (1 mL)||each ground cinnamon, allspice, cumin and pepper|
|1 lb (450 g)||lean ground beef|
|1 can (680 mL)||Italpasta Original Pasta Sauce|
|1/4 cup (60 mL)||shaved Parmesan cheese|
- Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil in large deep nonstick skillet set over medium heat; cook onion, garlic and rosemary, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until softened, adding 2 tbsp (30 mL) parsley in last minute of cooking. Remove skillet from heat; let cool slightly.
- In large bowl, stir together onion mixture, cranberries, thyme, salt, cinnamon, allspice, cumin and pepper. Crumble in beef; mix gently to combine. Form into 20 meatballs.
- Heat remaining oil in same skillet set over medium-high heat; cook meatballs, turning often, for about 2 minutes or until golden brown all over.
- Stir in pasta sauce gently to coat meatballs. Reduce heat to medium-low; partially cover skillet and simmer for about 15 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook Tradizionale Spaghetti according to package directions. Drain; reserving 1/4 cup (60 mL) pasta water.
- Stir reserved pasta water into skillet if needed. Serve hot pasta topped with meatball-sauce mixture, Parmesan and remaining parsley.
- Substitute lean ground turkey for the beef if desired.
- Chilling formed meatballs for just 30 minutes helps them firm up and hold together better during the cooking process.
Per 1/4 recipe
Calories 700, Fat 22g, Cholesterol 75mg, Sodium 1090mg, Carbohydrate 85g, Fibre 8g, Sugars 16g, Protein 41g