|1/2 pound (225 g)||Italpasta Total Pasta Spaghettini|
|2||small roasted red beets, peeled and cut into wedges|
|2 tbsp (30 mL)||unsalted butter|
|1 tbsp (15 mL)||Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1||small shallot minced|
|1 tbsp (15 mL)||poppy seeds|
|2||sprigs fresh thyme leaves finely chopped|
|salt and pepper|
|¼ cup (60 mL)||crumbled soft ripened goats cheese for serving|
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente, about 2 minutes. Drain and reserve ½ cup pasta water.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, brown the butter. Reduce the heat slightly, add extra-virgin olive oil, and stir to combine. Add minced shallot, and cook for a 2 minutes, until softened, stir in poppy seeds. Toast the seeds for 1-2 minutes.
- To the shallots and poppy seeds, add the chopped beets and thyme, stir for 1-2 minutes. Add ½ cup of pasta water to the skillet. Simmer the sauce over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Transfer pasta to the skillet and cook for 1 minute until combined, stirring constantly. Taste and adjust salt and pepper seasoning. Serve in warm pasta bowls and top with crumbled goat’s cheese.
Calories per serving 631, Fat 24.9 g, Saturated Fat 11.2 g, Cholesterol 35.1 mg, Sodium 531 mg, Carbohydrates 79.6 g, Fibre 17.9 g, Sugar 11.3 g, Protein 22.3 g
- Italpasta Total Pasta is a white pasta with the goodness of 10 grams of fibre packed into each serving.
- Beets are a natural complex carbohydrate that are high in folate and Vitamin C
- Poppy seeds contain oleic acid, which helps to lower LDL “bad cholesterol” and increase HDL “good cholesterol"