1 pkg (375 g) Italpasta Total Penne Rigate
2 tbsp (30 mL) Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 red pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp (10 mL) chopped rosemary
1 can (398 mL) borlotti beans, rinsed and drained
1 tsp (5 mL) smoked paprika
1 can (398 mL) diced tomatoes
1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper
4 cups (1 L) baby spinach
Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan set over medium heat. Add red pepper, garlic and rosemary. Cook, stirring often, for 3 to 5 minutes or until pepper starts to soften. Add borlotti beans and smoked paprika, cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Toss in hot cooked pasta until well combined. Stir in spinach until wilted. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
- Substitute romano beans for the borlotti beans, if desired.
- Finish with a pinch of red chili flakes for a spicier pasta dish.
Calories per 1/6 recipe: 467; Fat 6g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 425mg; Carbohydrates 69g; Fibre 11.5g; Sugar 5.5g; Protein 11.5g