|1 pkg (375 g)||package Italpasta Total Penne Rigate|
|½ lb (250 g)||assorted fresh mushrooms|
|2||garlic cloves minced|
|2 tbsp (30 mL)||Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|2 tsp (10 mL)||dried oregano|
|1 tsp (5 mL)||dried thyme|
|1 can (156 mL)||Italpasta Tomato Paste|
|2 tsp (10 mL)||granulated sugar|
|1 tsp (5 mL)||salt|
|½ tsp (2 mL)||pepper|
|¾ (175 mL)||red wine|
|1 cup (250 mL)||water|
|Freshly grated Parmesan cheese|
- Place onion, carrot, celery, mushrooms and garlic in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or large saucepan set over medium heat. Add the mushroom mixture. Cook for 8 minutes or until softened. Stir in oregano, thyme and the bay leaf; cook for 1 minute. Stir in the tomato paste, sugar, salt and pepper; cook for 1 minute more.
- Stir in the wine and cook until reduced by half; stir in the water. Add water and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes or until slightly reduced. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Meanwhile, cook Italpasta Total Penne Rigate in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, 10 minutes. Drain well. Toss with mushroom sauce until well coated. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
Calories per serving 479, Fat 8.5 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 580 mg, Carbohydrates 76 g, Fibre 13 g, Sugar 11 g, Protein 14 g
- One serving contains 50% of the %DV of Vitamin A.