|1 box (375 grams)||Italpasta Total Pasta Penne Rigate|
|2||skinless turkey legs|
|1¼ cup (310 mL)||prepared BBQ sauce, divided|
|1 cup (250 mL)||fresh or frozen peas|
|1 cup (250 mL)||sour cream|
|2 cups (500 mL)||shredded Monterey Jack cheese|
- Preheat a lightly oiled grill over medium-high heat. Brush turkey legs with ¼ cup BBQ sauce, and season with salt and pepper. Grill turkey legs for 10 to 12 minutes per side until fully cooked. Transfer to a plate to cool slightly and shredded meat with a fork.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, 6-8 minutes. Drain pasta and return to pot. Toss pasta with shredded turkey, remaining BBQ sauce, peas, sour cream and half the cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Transfer pasta mixture to a casserole dish and top with remaining cheese. Make for 25 minutes until cheese is melted and golden. Top with green onions and serve.
Calories per serving 565, Fat 21 grams, Cholesterol 76 mg, Sodium 875 mg, Carbohydrates 69 grams, Fibre 8 grams, Sugar 16 grams, Protein 25 grams
- Italpasta Total Pasta is an excellent source of fibre.
- 1 serving of Turkey (4oz) contains 42.5% of the %DV of Vitamin B3 and 32% of Vitamin B6.